Kids...

As you know I recently went on vacation and spent some time in Portland OR and Bremerton WA visiting family and friends. So, there were are sitting in a nice little diner in Bremerton, the Big Apple Diner to be exact. It's a lovely little place with a great menu and wonderful desserts.

I recommend it.

So, there are eight of us. Myself, my wife and kids- Ali 4 and Ari 16 mos as well as Melissa and her three heathens aged from 2 to 6. While we were enjoying breakfast and conversation a well put together gentleman of color walks in and sits at a table with three other folks.

So.

He's well dressed in a tie and slacks and well groomed.

Like I said, well put together. His mother is probably proud of him.

So.

So.

So.

So, my kid, Ali, four years old and as loud as a fog horn. Stands up and points.

STANDS UP AND POINTS ! ! ! !

Then yells for all to hear.

Yells.

LOOK DAD ! ! ! ! IT'S THE PRESIDENT ! ! ! !

Now I'm, of course, mortified. But at the same time rather proud of my little hellion.

Not only does she know that we have a President but she recognizes him as a man of color.

I explained patiently that he was not actually the President but just a man with a simple resemblance but that I am glad that she is interested.

No comments: