Dinner, a word that can foment uncontrolled drooling...



I had dinner with the coolest people I know.

Saying 'dinner' just doesn't cover it. It's like calling the Mona Lisa a doodle or using the word intercourse.

It just doesn't describe how sublime the experience can be.

Dinner.

It should be called 'the fabulously awe inspiring invasion of taste commandos laying waste to your senses and destroying your mind with flavors not of this world'

In other words, I know some people who can cook and occasionally get to take advantage of it.

It makes me so happy.

We had Cocovan (my new favorite food ! ! ) I couldn't put my fork down and wanted to lick the plate. Don't judge me - you know you've felt that way in the past. If not, you need to come eat with us. It will change your life--I promise you.

I felt like such a glutton and I would have eaten every bit of it had people not been watching. I am sure my dog was at home feeling a disturbance in the force. It was that good.

Before dinner we had my favorite champagne (sparkling wine for those who need to dot the t's and cross the i's) it was a Roederer (say rowderererrer five times fast).
I'm not a snob of any type (yes I am) but I gotta say I really don't want to drink any other. Lightly fruity and delicate are words that spring to mind.

We were celebrating the Old Man's impending trip to Panama. He is going to seek out a place to lay his weary bones during the current cold spell that is gripping the northern hemisphere.

Good luck Old Man.

I left my wee beasty there overnight to field trip with her shockingly pretty cousin to high school for the day. The girl gets prettier every time I see her and has a poise and self confidence that will probably drive her dad over the brink.

I'm glad he bought a shotgun and I'll gladly wield the shovel. Anyone want in on the alibi portion of our evil plan?

So good luck to Robin and the beasty. Have fun and be careful. Like her dad says "this is the best form of birth control".

I am eagerly awaiting an email with the recipe from last nights adventure. When it comes I'll consider sharing it here so you can share in my delight.

Maybe the vegetarian elves will pack it up the leftovers and send them in a care package.

One can hope right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always your alibi girl! Where is the post about OUR breakfast adventure? :(