This guy is interesting...



I usually check Gun News Daily, well, daily, and scroll down to the Only in California section immediately. If nothing is posted I feel better. However, under the Atlas Shrugged heading on GND today they had California Educated: 'The Young and the Silly'. I'm not going to fisk it or discuss it or anything, it's so moronic. One thing I noticed though, is how there seems to be so many folks around these days who have literally no experience with a subject, yet are awfully damned sure their opinion, and only their opinion, is the absolutely right one. There is so little critical thinking it's scary. A few years ago I was returning a video to the rental place and the guy at the counter asked me if I rode a motorcycle. I'm thinking, what gave it it away? The leathers, the boots, the helmet, bugs in my teeth, what? So I said yes and he launches into a diatribe about lane splitters (or lane sharing). It totally pissed him off, although he never said exactly why. The counter guy then says the next time he sees a bike coming up lane splitting he's going to open his door (we call it dooring) and crash him. I was stunned. Stultified. Horrified. It took a moment to recover from the shock. I flipped my helmet around to weapon configuration (holding it by the chin guard from the inside, way handy in a fight you didn't see coming, btw) and asked the counter guy if I should just kill him now. Now counter guy is shocked. How could he not see that coming?

I agree I would have ripped the guy a new one.

I hit his page and thieve cool stuff all the time.


from Ride Fast & Shoot Straight

2 comments:

Ride Fast said...

Why, thank you very much. As long as you attribute, it isn't stealing, it's "sharing". Share away.

VC said...

Sadly, I forget to give credit or can't remember where I saw a pic or video and feel badly after...