NO BONES OF ANY KIND EVER ! ! !

This is a public service announcement.

Never give your dog bones of any kind. Ever.

I thought that if I gave Sheelah uncooked beef bones that she couldn't break them and would have cleaner teeth.

Nope. She ended up with beef bone splinters in her gullet.

We noticed it when she started vomiting and crapping blood - - Scary to say the least.

The Vet said NO BONES ASSHOLE ! ! ! He was more diplomatic than that but only just.

So, if you have bones for your dog toss em in the garbage.

Save her life and save yourself the $150.00 bill for being called an asshole.

I am a softy when it comes to the kids and dog so I end up giving them all treats all the time.

I could have killed my dog.

My Dog.

I'm still shaken.

My Dog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is she going to be ok? - the najour

wirecutter said...

Damn, Bro. I understand what you're going through. Let us know how she's doing, will ya?

Anonymous said...

Cinderfella!!! Why didn't you call for support! We will keep you in our prayers tonight. I know how much you love Patches...

Anonymous said...

I was told by my dog's vet that raw bones are fine...it is the bones from cooked meats that get brittle and cause damage. Also, Greenies can be a choking hazard for dogs, so only give them when supervised.

VC said...

The bloody vomit and stool speak for themselves in this situation and I am never giving my dog bones again. We never did the greenie thing but thanks for the heads up.

VC