I am heartbroken...




When I was a kid I used to stay up late on the weekend to watch Creature Features with Bob Wilkins. It remains one of my fondest memories. Late nights hanging out out with my brother Frank and uncles Mike and Juan watching Godzilla or some martian movie. Bob was the coolest guy ever. He was so laid back he seemed nearly comatose with mellowness.

Sadly Bob died earlier this year and I have been, until now, unable to blog about it.

Bob, thank you for making such a deep and wonderful impression on my childhood.
You were the coolest guy I new and I looked forward to hanging with you every Friday.

You are sorely missed.





1 comment:

Tattoo Jim said...

For some reason I seem to remember Creature Feature when I was a bit younger but I just can't remember anything about it... too sad for me.

It's good that you have such wonderful memories of that time. Those are the kinds of things you can pass down to your kids... there is an age where they will be open to your memories of those times. Makes for great bonding.