So dig this...

I got home with my girls after a run to the supermarket and hear the jailbird neighbor telling his girlfriend that my other neighbor left the gate open so they could swim while he was gone. So I ask him "What's up?" and he says Curt left the gate open so they could swim. Now, I have a pool so I do that for some of my friends but not this guy. So I ask Curt when he gets home--"Dude, did you leave your gate open so that fella could swim?" "Nope." was the answer.

So what's a guy to do?

Leave a comment and I'll tell where it went...

First comment:
Does that mean someone was swimming in your pool?
-----------------------------------------------

--No, that would have ended with the moron at gunpoint and the cops hauling him and his idiot girlfriend to the clink.

What happened was the jailbird moron and the woman with poor choice in men who lives on the corner lied to me and said Curt left his gate open so they could swim in his pool.

When I asked Curt he was pissed.

So, when the moron returned home that evening Curt and I paid him a visit (and Stan) and asked him to clear up the misunderstanding.

He insisted that Curt said he could swim anytime he wanted and took offense about having the whole neighbood in his business. Now, the guy is a mouthbreather who sells stolen tv's for extra money so I gently reminded him that people wandering loose in my neighbor's backyard IS my business and if my wife finds him in mine she's going to shoot him and then call me. I left it at that and let mugsy wander back to his disappointing life.

So, the next day Curt tells me "...I don't think he likes you much..."
My reply was simply - it's not a popularity contest Curt. It's life.

4 comments:

Ride Fast said...

Does that mean someone was swimming in your pool?

I don't know about you, but when I caught someone using my pool without permission, I'd start out with furious and make them wonder if it was going to end with yelling or something more.

Anonymous said...

i want to know more... u can text me the out come... martin

Tattoo Jim said...

And people ask me why I moved to the OBX... people, can't live with them, can't shoot 'em on sight... I will say we were very lucky and had the greatest neighbors but not too many houses away...
Just keep your eyes out on your babies... they're worth a lot more than someone swimming in the pool...

VC said...

You think the cops would figure it out if I buried them in their own backyard?