Apparently it IS illegal and here is the lame response...




“Those clothes, they are not my property,” Ms. Palin said. “Just like the lighting and the staging and everything else that the R.N. C. purchased. I’m not taking them with me. I’m back to wearing my own clothes from my favorite consignment shop in Anchorage, Alaska.”


So, the law that McCain himself wrote says


(b) PROHIBITED USE-(1) IN GENERAL- A contribution or donation described in subsection (a) shall not be converted by any person to personal use.(2) CONVERSION- For the purposes of paragraph (1), a contribution or donation shall be considered to be converted to personal use if the contribution or amount is used to fulfill any commitment, obligation, or expense of a person that would exist irrespective of the candidate's election campaign or individual's duties as a holder of Federal office, including--


...


(B) a clothing purchase;

---------------


But Palin is saying that the clothes purchased for her personal use at no expense to her are not illegal because they are not hers.


Sounds like bullshit to me. They wrote the rule and then got caught by it and I'm supposed to believe some semantically twisted baloney? Nope, I don't think so.

No comments: